Skin Care Tips On How To Avoid In Grown Hairs
In Grown Hairs
An in grown hair is a skin condition where the hair grows out of the skin and re-enters the back into skin or curls back. They resemble pimples, which in most cases are filled with pus. The condition is mainly prevalent among those who have a curly or coarse hair, however, it can affect anyone. The condition is sometimes accompanied by red spots, pus-filled sore, razor bumps of hair follicle infection known as folliculitis. You do not have to worry about the in grown hair as there various ways in which you can get rid and avoid it.
The Causes Of In grown Hairs
It is important to identify the root cause of the problem. This will help you identify ways on how to avoid in grown hairs. Here are some causes.
- They can result due to clogged hair follicles. When the dead skin cells or dirt clogs your skin pores, they can lead to your hair growing sideways and curl back to the pores. This is mainly if you have shaved your hair recently or you have curly or coarse hair.
- Shaving may lead to this condition by hindering the hairs from exiting your skin properly. It causes the tips to be sharp.
- The coarseness, thickness and curliness of your hair may lead to ingrown hairs.
How To Prevent In grown Hairs
There are various ways in which you can prevent the appearance of ingrown hairs. Below are some skin care tips on how to avoid ingrown hairs.
- Allow your hair to go freely without shaving it. If you already have the condition, you can also leave it for a while and allow them to disappear without doing anything.
- If shaving, ensure that you do it in the right way. You should first wet your skin with warm water, and then use a single-bladed razor, which is sharp to shave the hairs. Ensure that you shave in the direction that they are growing using a few razor strokes as possible. It is important to rinse the razor after every stroke. Try as much as possible not to shave too closely as you may give the bacteria a room to the openings.
- Opt for other methods of hair removal. Shaving is not only the solution to your skin hairs. You can try other methods, which are less likely to cause the ingrown hairs. They include the use of electrolysis, laser removal, or depilatory creams. Some are permanent solutions to hair removal. This will offer a permanent solution on how to avoid in grown hairs.
- Exfoliate your skin to eradicate the dead skin cells on your skin surface. This will not only prevent their appearance but also hinder their re-occurrence.
Treatment Of The In grown Hairs
- If you already have the ingrown hairs, you can exfoliate your skin by use of the exfoliating bar. This helps to remove the topmost layer that traps your hair leading to their curling back. It also keeps your skin smooth and soft.
- It is important to tone your skin with a toner, which includes salicylic acid.
- Use medication if you ingrown pimples are infected.
Things To Avoid
- Avoid picking or scratching in grown hairs as this may lead to infections and scarring.
- Avoid squeezing the pimple as it may cause damage to your skin as well as infections.
- You can gently tease the ingrown hair out by use of sterile tweezers or needle.
Having ingrown hairs can be itchy or painful. It is embarrassing to have them on your skin too. The mentioned tips create awareness in various ways that will help you to prevent their occurrence. This helps you to maintain a smooth, radiant skin. It is important to embrace a healthy lifestyle and proper skin care routine to avoid skin issues.